About Me

My photo
Hi, my name is Kayla Jackson and I am currently teaching Physical Education at Hamburg Junior High School. This is my first year as head junior girls basketball coach. It is going to be a learning experience, but hopefully I will steer them in the right direction.

Monday, November 16, 2009

Joey Pigza swallowed the key by Jack Gantos

Joey Pigza is not your average kid. He is a very annoying kid because he always challenges his teacher by doing really bad things. He also comes up with some really weird theories about himself being like the Tasmanian Devil. Joey can't stand still. He can't pay attention, he can't follow the rules, and he can't help it-especially when his meds aren't working. This book should be read by any students, teachers, or parents who either have attention problems or knows someone who does. This would be an excellent read-aloud or discussion starter in any upper elementary classroom. It has really helped me to see what it is like inside someone who truly can't be still!!

No comments:

Post a Comment